It’s VOICE. Everyone talks about it, yet no one seems able to define it. Voice has therefore been the most elusive aspect of the entire writing craft to teach.
In this book, #1 bestselling writing teacher James Scott Bell reveals the true source of voice, and what any writer in any genre can do to capture it for their own work. In VOICE: The Secret Power of Great Writing you’ll learn:
• An actual working definition of voice that is simple yet powerful
• Bell’s original method for turning that definition into book-length voice power
• How to vary voice from genre to genre, book to book
• How to enhance voice with emotion, flow, and attitude
• How to create vivid word pictures
• Exercises to expand your voice and style
• Example after example of voice in action
Don’t settle for good writing. Go for the unforgettable. The secret of voice will help you get there.