Learn to write love scenes like a a pro.
Two professional authors show step-by-step how to create conflict, depth and intensity, and craft a heart-warming or harrowing scene that readers will never forget.
This book shows you step-by-step how to to write about
– the first meeting
– the first kiss
– characters in disguise
– confessing a secret
– relationship conflicts
– breaking up
– marriage proposals
and much more.
Do you want to write ‘clean’ or ‘steamy’ love scenes? The choice is yours. This guide shows techniques for
– keeping your characters and your writing chaste
– implying intimacy without showing it
– creating erotic tension without sexual action
– seducing the reader with explicit sex.
Whatever genre you write, you’ll find useful advice for your story:
– gay love scenes
– lovers belonging to different cultures
– love between members of different species
– love scenes involving several characters.
‘Writing Love Scenes’ is intended for intermediate and advanced-level writers and want to learn specialist skills. It is not recommended for absolute beginners.
About the authors:
Susanne McCarthy is an experienced romance novelist.
Rayne Hall is a professional fantasy and horror author, editor of the Ten Tales speculative fiction anthologies, and creator of the Writer’s Craft series.